Thread: jetting help
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanMcc View Post
trying to get me jetting dialed in...in the bike now (2010 ec300) is jd needle, clip pos 2 from the top, 170 main, 42 pilot. Im currently waiting for a gasket to adjust the preload on the PV assembly because it rattles and i will clean in while im in there because i believe it is sticking after long fast close to wide open sections (zero bottom end, trouble getting on the pipe, i shut the bike off and it usually runs fine so i believe its sticking open). So when the PV isnt being sticky the bike is clean on the bottom, and midrange, but uphill or with a load (like deep sand) it has a hard time clearing out. Downhill light load the bike runs amazing, zero hesitation, very crisp. I think i still may be a little rich but there is zero spooge and if i was rich would the high load sections require a little more fuel and run better? plug is kind of black and has never fouled although i have changed it just to rule that out. Thanks for the help!
The lack of torque or pulling power is a lean condition. If its a 38mm ASII, and its hot, humid and a bit of elevation JD recommends 40 JDRed#4 180. I could see people running around clip#3 and 175 main maybe.

FWW I think there was a typo on JDs sheet (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...4&postcount=24 - second attachment) says to start with a 180 but then drops straight down to 168 for altitude. I think it should read, 178, 172,168 respectively.

Move the needle back to clip #3 and drop in a larger main and then see if it'll pull up a hill any better. Do you find the engine racing or running hot as well after a run on the main jet?