Thread: jetting help
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanMcc View Post
ya i guess i forgot that, 5 to 8k feet 70-90 degrees for temp, JD red, and yes i believe it is an AS2, has shallow float bowl and it does not have a plastic screw on top to get to the needle. I also meant to post this in the intake section, whoops! Thanks for the help Jakobi! you are the jetting guru!
No worries mate. Definitely try going back to 40 pilot red needle clip 3 and a 175 main. With the temps you might have to lean it off a bit more yet, but it will give you something to compare it to. I'd also suggest setting your float level if you haven't already. See sticky at top of the 2T jetting section courtesy of Andoman!

In other news, I personally experienced a sticking powervalve and it stuck wide open and wouldn't come back until I manually readjusted it back, and then it stuck again revving on the stand. I'd still investigate it if you think it might be at fault. My bike lost bottom end and sounded like a bucket of bolts. It wasn't just a bit mushy or flat feeling. It felt like serious internal damage to the extent that I wasn't game to rev it hard enough to put it anywhere near being on the pipe.

As stated previously, lean will be really crisp under low load but lack balls when forced to work. Will feel more like a 125. Really zippy but needs more clutch work to make it sing. It'll sound tinny/raspy and may hesitate before responding to throttle if really lean, or even stall out. Rich will burble, smoke, and won't want to take revs cleanly at all. It'll sound dull, blubbery and wet. Ideally you want some light burbling at low loads, but clean response when opening the throttle.