Thread: SSS conversion
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
All ebay stuff 09 450f forks & triples 09 was good they had dual mounting positions for the handlebar clamps.
I'm debating putting on for a little winter riding or sending them out beforehand
I'd kind of like to see how they feel first but riding conditions here are turning crappy fast-couple inches snow today.
Anybody happy out of the box with theirs ?
Any suggestions I'm #230-250lbs mostly slow b rider. I'm pretty sure these came with .47 springs
I've scouted the other posts but if anyone has any new insight
Any tips about these forks appreciated
Thanks Stoby
I ran mine (off an unused 08 250F) one race with the OEM settings, just to try it out. I'm slow, old and pretty heavy (~90kg naked), and these forks were way to stiff (too much compression damping) for my speed and abilities. I kept the stock springs (0.449 if memory serves me right), but did a RaceTech Gold Valve revalve and am very happy with them now. I use Ohlins 5W oil at the OEM level (330cc).

I would presume you are faster than me, but I also presume that the 450 setup is stiffer than the 250 setup. I guess you'll be better off with a revalved fork, but you have nothing to loose in trying them as they are before you send them off. That way you get a feeling on how close they are to what you need.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc