View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Off road motorcycling is declining as it is. There is a reason the AMA is going away from timekeeper enduros - it is not easy for a guy with an MX bike to come out and just ride one of these. With a computer -there isn't much thought needed anyway, so all this talk about "thinking man's game" doesn't hold alot of water...

I much prefer an ISDE format - you ride with your friends all day - you go at a good clip most of the day - but don't have to go at an unsafe speed, and "go fast" on the special tests. It is very clear, the fastest and most consistent rider wins.

The u.s. is the only region of the world that uses the rally format for enduros, I hope it dies a quick death and wish it would move to ISDE format. But, unfortunately, with the popularity of the GNCC series - it will be a hare scrambles format that wins.

I don't think the question is whether the timekeeper enduro should die. It has terminal cancer and will die soon. The longer you try to hold on to it - the more you pull the whole sport of off-road motorcyle riding down with it.

jeff