View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgilb View Post
Thanks for these replies, guys. Sorry for the delay. Been spanking the bike on the Isle Of Man. See pic of my bike admiring the view during a piss break.

I am in Hull.

My bike uses double the amount of fuel a 2012 ktm 200 uses and 1.5 times the amount of a 2004 ktm 200.

It splutters in the low revs, at tickover it usually stalls but sometimes revs high. It starts very well but needs a handful of throttle.

I put a 250/300 gnarly on, in the hope it would help without needing jetting but the problems are still there and now I just seem to have lost top end with no bottom end worth having for the sacrifice.

I don't really know whether to start the jetting with the standard pipe or the gnarly, I thought I read somewhere that gnarly pipes don't need jetting. I can't really believe this but if true I could start with the gnarly on.

I am up for taking the carbs off and having a go. But after that, if it does not improve significantly, I would gladly take it to this guy in Durham. I work up there once a week anyway and have a trailer.
if you dropped it off in the morning it would probs be ready by teatime