View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 AM

I rode the last 2 laps of a race (18 miles total) on a flat rear tire. Towards the end I heard some rattling noise and then after the race (got a 5th and a plaque) the bike had a funny feel in kickstarter. It started and I rode to camp. I felt the top end was junk and when I got home I tore the cylinder off. Bought a new cylinder and piston and put it back together but it had a funny feel in kickstarter. I did start it up and it ran fine on the stand but when I killed it I had an awful clunking noise. I took the large cover off the clutch side and thats when I found the loose plate with the damaged PV gear and loose fragments of the cush thingys in the oil.

I asked the guru at GoFasters if he had ever heard of the rivets failing and he said yes in older GGs...mine is an 01 300.

Trust me there are rivets in there and if they fail its not catastrophic.

Ive changed the oil 7 times in less than a week and I hold a small strainer under the drain when I do so I can guage what I am gettiong out of it. The cush thingys are being chewed up by the gears. No i was not gonna split the cases to clean it all out.

I raced it 40 miles last sunday and the bike ran perfect and cant wait for next weekend!!!!!!!