View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 05:48 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booki View Post
Was riding my EC300 the other week and my rear wheel locked up on me!

Immediately I thought oh f$%^ - Managed to start it and she sounded absolutely horrible with a grumbling/rumbling noise from the bottom end. Not good!

It got me to a main road and got my riding buddies to get the car and pick me up for tow home.

Have removed the engine from the bike and started stripping it down, top end looks great (bike has 101 hours), but have realised I need a flywheel puller to continue my inspection of the bottom end.

Does anybody have one?

This flywheel bolt was a right hand thread, I believe its a 27mm x 1mm RH puller I need?

Has anybody had their bottom end fail?

Absolutely shattered its failed on me

From my readings there is one particular bearing on the ignition/flywheel side that has a plastic cage? Known failure point?
Did you look for lose countersunk M6 bolts in the crankcase? That happened to my 2015 EC200 right before Christmas.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25449

I will pop over to the wokshop and have a look at my extractor in an hour or three and report back. I presume its the same on 2015 and 2018.

Do you have the worksop manual? If not, I can send it to you as a pdf.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc