View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 PM

From what I remember some bikes came with the left side power valve cover drain either blocked off or not drilled completely. Other years they actually zip-tied the drain hose to make a less permanent blockage. Seems it had to do with California emissions (oil dripping on the ground). Your power valve drain shouldn't be causing your plug fouling issues though. I had my bike for a year and probably went through 25 spark plugs before I found online help that led me to the LTR jet kit. I don't think it is being made any more but check the jetting sticky-post and start there. If the previous owner never opened up the power valve drain he probably never did any jetting corrections either.
btw, there is no "crank case" vent. There is a transmission vent coming off of the right side pv cover and also a hole under the engine case that vents/drains the flywheel housing. The left side pv cover vent only drains exhaust spooge.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)