View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Site Sponsor

can you run mousses with a trials tire? i think it would really kill the effectiveness of it?

i ran trials tire for a while, and had the same issues as skid - but i was racing, not trail riding. cornering got weird, i couldn't square things off like i normally would, i had major problems trying to adjust my brake slides. i could not lean in and dig through the turns - it would get unpredictable. and if it was wet with no solid base, you were done for. if you're willing to relearn turning, i bet you could be fast with it. i struggled, and was not willing to put the time in to learn how to use the tire effectively in a race situation (and i ride a trials bike regularly....)

BUT for trail riding when you're not in a hurry, and not being pushed, they're fantastic.....if you're willing to deal with the limitations.

i have not seen a single bike at a race here with a trials tire. there is always something wet here. even with no rain for a week, and temps in the 90s all week, there was 100 yards of mud here i would not want to take a trials tire through.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com