View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoby View Post
I wasnt sure how easy it'd be to sand blast the frame of the nickel
I have a big enough blasting cabinet to fit the frame I just wondered how hard itd be to get the nickel off .Have a friend who does industrial PC. Still on the fence about taking her all apart.
Your frame looks great
Thanks.

I'm not sure how tough it was to get off. But then, I wonder if you'd really need to remove good plating. Metal is metal as far as the powder knows. Not that I'm an expert. Your buddy would know.

As far as taking her all the way apart, Mr. Levy warned me not to do it. Because, as we know, they are tight little puzzles. I sort of had no choice. It was either this, or watch it turn to a turd. They are far too lovely to look so forlorn.

Unless you have a backup bike, I'd wait until the off season to do the full tear down, because the domino effect is amazing. Parts and services take time that could otherwise be used for riding. I'm way behind schedule on my project because I unwisely started remodelling my living room/workshop in the middle of the bike project. The new windows came in yesterday, but they might have to wait.