View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
Don't get me wrong I've had nothing but a positive relationship with Dixie Sales and I feel their involvment will be missed, especially with their parts management system, it was a welcome step inthe right direction over GGMA.
I agree, I never got to work with them on Gas Gas, but was VERY impressed with what they did with Husaberg in the US.

Quote:
Now comes the part nobody wants to hear. All of the above "fixes" cost money and it is going to take some concessions from the manufacturer, the importer / distributer, the dealer and the consumer.
So, we're looking for someone with deep pockets willing to invest (read: gamble) in the brand here in the unique US market.

I know this has been an issue in the past with GG. The factory was unwilling to make concessions or attempt to understand the market. With the new management structure at the factory, perhaps they will be more open to suggestions.

I think all of us working together with a united voice will help. If we did a market study, I think we would find Gas Gas owner loyalty is higher than Mercedes, Apple, Toyota or Dell. That's a great solid platform to start marketing from.

Thanks for getting this discussion started.