View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Not that my thoughts or concerns matter much but here goes.....

I myself really don't care about the bling on a bike. Bling is only good if it is functional. Like for instance the Hyde Pipe Guard. Yeah it is uglier than hell but it works, to where as the carbon fiber, or aluminum pipe guards don't. Trust me I have an e-line on my 04 300 and it just plain sucks. JMO

When people have asked me why I went with a " Brand X" bike or my favorite "Communist" bike I tell them because the ride and mechanical operation of the bike is much better than the Jap bikes or KTM for that matter.

I think GG needs to support our riders more in order to get the name out there. And no I am not talking about supporting me because I am just an average rider that does Enduro's and just loves to ride with my friends. Support the real hard core racers and hold onto them! When our bikes are put into the general publics eyes then we can sit back and watch it take off. Or atleast that is how I see it anyways.

I do nothing but brag about "Our" (Gas Gas) bikes. Like I have said in other posts. I have owned pretty much all of the jap bikes and to put it simply, they don't last. I know I have convinced 5 or more guys that I ride bikes with to buy one and when they do they say the GG bikes are the best they have ever owned.

Availability of parts does have a big impact on folks that don't really know. We just have to push & educate them about our brand. One girl that I use to ride with swears up & down that I can't get parts right away for my bike. She has no idea that it is pretty damn simple to get parts by simply getting online or picking up the phone. No different than the KTM guys who order their stuff online or by phone. Shoot I would have never bought a GG bike if my friend did not tell me about Jim over at Smackover or some of the other GG dealers that did sell parts.

Financing would be the next issue but I won't beat anybody up on this.

I think this is a great idea that you dealers are coming up with and I really hope it works. We just need to ban together and keep pushing forward and never look back.

The only way you are going to get me off of my Gas Gas is to pry my cold dead hands off of it!