View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
We had a pretty intense level 1 first aid course last week. The course was a wilderness first aid course for game reserve guides adapted to dirt bikes.

I am now even more messed up mentally about biking �� but in all honesty I believe that when your number is pulled it is gameover no matter what you are doing (I recently read about someone taking a dump and the toilet was defective and broke, the ceramic bowl sliced through their artery and they bled out and died!) another biking buddy who has had numerous concussions from racing recently spent 3 weeks in hospital when he slipped on wet tiles on his way to the toilet.

But now at least I have some knowledge, just hope I never have to put it to use!

I hear ya man...I had several buddies, including the one the helped me give CPR tell me they were done sledding for good. But as I explained to them: if it's something you love to do, don't give up. Easier said then done, I know, especially after being on the scene. We have had several friends I graduated with killed in other accidents, some while driving and we didn't quit driving did we? I also believe when it's your time it's your time. Good luck Matt, I hope you can get over the mental part and enjoy riding again. It will take time. Most of us didn't speak about it for a long time. In fact one of the guys that was with me talked about it with me yesterday while we were riding for really the first time since it happened.