View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
The area north of Knoxville is absolutely motorcycle heaven. Dirt bikes, dual sport, or street there may not be any better place in the US this side of the Mississippi river. Most of this area was coal country back in the day and that means access roads that used to be railroad beds. Railway beds are built on a rock base so they are not quickly overgrown like logging roads. I can't think of a better area for dual sporting and the north end of Coal Creek(Windrock) has the best single track trails i.m.o. in the state. This area is nestled between the Cumberland mountain range and the Appalachian range and both have awesome backroads for knee dragging on a street bike. Add in lower property costs than most states, much lower property taxes, and no state income tax.
I agree somewhat on Coal Creek north side but the problem there is, those trails are "Whose your daddy trails" The Out of town guy will never find them. Once again from what I've seen in that part of the world...the best stuff is kept secret by the locals...and I can't blame them really. I spent 2 weeks cutting allot of trail for the SETRA Coal Creek Enduro back in the day. Good stuff yes!!!! But not the best IMO. Still...worlds better than what we have in KY. Durhamtown, GA Cedartown, GA and Westpoint, TN... that's more like it