View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 11:07 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

I confirmed there are no air leaks, exhaust and fuel are free flowing and float is set properly. The choke is just the lever on the side of the carb, I pulled it and cleaned it for good measure.

The air filter appears to be a new UNI, however removing it seemed to help quite a bit. It will now rev with a 170 jet much higher than before but lacks power and is pretty flat at higher rpm. It now also has a flat spot just above idle, where it was nice and crisp before. I have not tried the 175 jet yet, but I will next time I get a chance to play with it. Pulled the plug after a higher rpm run, and it's a nice tan color.

The idle issue still remains. Idles real low with the idle speed screw all the way in, and little to no response from the mixture screw.

Also, the bike may in fact be an EC250, not a 300. The vin and engine number say 250. The registration and old owner say 300. At some point I'll have to pull the head and measure.

The amsoil saber at 100:1 is what my buddies have been running for years in their bikes with good results, so I figured I'd run the same for consistency.