View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastisbetter View Post
I've been following this for a while now, has anyone been able to reset tps with this setup? I'm thinking that's all I need for better starting but have no diagnostics gear right now. Also, most of this tech talk is a little over my head but someone said "wideband"? O2 sensor? Is there any programs written to allow the iaw15 to run live off of one. Seems to me tuning would be a lot easier with one. Also, I've been searching for the USB-DLC cable but you've said it can't have elm327 but everyone I find makes mention of it
Gday,

You can reset the TPS using the IAWDiag which should be available for download off of The GuzziDiag website. To get better starting you will probably need to adjust the CO Trim (also available for adjustment in the IAWDiag) which basically shifts the fueling rich or lean.

At the present time there is no closed loop control of the fuel utilising a Wideband O2 Sensor. This probably never will be either as there is limited space in the ECU and also someone would have to program it (Not easy at all).

I think you should purchase a K-Line OBD connector as well as an OBD to FIAT 3 Pin adapter, this will be the easiest way for you to adjust things. After that you can purchase a wideband O2 Sensor I suggest the Innovate LC-2 for a gauge and controller, or if you want a hand held unit then I suggest buying the LM-2 version as it can also data log.

The Wideband will give you an output of Lambda or AFR. I believe that to set the CO Trim properly you need to adjust it until at idle your Lambda reads 1, or the AFR is at the stoichiometric value for the fuel you are using (Regular fuel is about 14.7:1).

Try to get an FTDI FT232RL OBD cable as this will give the best results, however I have heard that others have gotten the cheaper knock offs to work for simple things such as CO Trim adjustment and TPS Reset etc.