View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Terrain will vary quite a bit from tight woods to wide open. There will be smooth tacky sections, slimy mud, and loose rock. If it rains things are going to get nasty in a hurry, but I'd plan for both dust and mud. The weather in Colorado is very fickle and it can be 40 degree and pouring, then an hour later 80 degrees and sunny.

I ride down at Mile Markers and Sycamore every winter and it is nothing like that but if you ride some of the harder stuff there you should be well prepared.
Correctomundo. This is my backyard. Don't forget to come early to get your jetting sorted, I don't know the course route, but some of the trails we ride in that area go well above treeline, ie 11-12,000 ft. Southfork is just over 8000ft. This altitude is where the 300 shines.

It would surprise me if you find any seriously long muddy sections, it is the "rocky mountains" for a reason LOL. Of course a drencher can make it challenging. But I ditched a pure trials tire not because of mud but because the extended rocky/gravelly descents were too scary.

I will be working so I won't make it. Have fun, it is beautiful country

https://www.facebook.com/shadyburro/