View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
April 1 and 2, 2017... http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/ in central Washington state,
2-day event starts with a poker run on Saturday (3500 +/- people) and a 2-lap 100 mile desert race on Sunday, typically around 800 -1,000 participants for it. Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere in central Washington state. I believe it's the largest motorcycle-only desert race in the country. (even uses a smoke-bomb start!)
Lots of West Side dealers (Seattle, Tacoma, etc) bring trailers and sell parts and services. TBT Racing has been there in the past along with Factory Connection (I think that's right) doing fork and shock service. There's also been a KTM dealer giving test rides in the past. Live bands, food trailers, etc.
I've missed the last several years but it's quite a show.
Skagit Powersports was there a couple of years ago giving unofficial/unadvertised test rides on the 2015 (I think?) gassers. Lots of space at the Desert 100 to showcase goods and products. Lots of visibility.

Also from the Stumpjumpers are the Frost Bite and White Knuckle Grand Prix, about two weeks prior to the D100, but I think they are lower stature than they were in the past.