View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamir View Post
Hello guys,

Today i changed iddle with 32 to 38, could not find 40. It is much better than 32. Air mixture still open 1 and half turnout.

Tried full throttle and i see plug could not ignition after 3 seconds on top rev. My bike was not geting top revs before. It takes top revs right now but started passing ingition after a few seconds.
It makes only at 1st gear not 2 or 3rd.

This is not problem for me. I am not going with full throttle all time. I wonder is this normal response.

Edit: Today KTM dealer said me that, gasgas 2t engine is honda cr250 engine so it's fuel consiption is so high. Is that true? and yz and cr needles is not suitable for gasgas. Anyway i ordered the needles. My bike come back to life with your offers.
Don't listen to the KTM dealer. He obviously has not done his homework.
For full throttle runs (down a long straight or a road for longer than 8 seconds), you are going to need at least the 175 main jet to protect your engine; and for sustained full throttle runs, you can probably use a 178 main jet.

The GasGas engine was originally designed by combining aspects of the CR250 and the TM250 engines. Then, they refined the porting and powervavle specifications to give the power delivery that they desired. I like being able to use a CR250 connecting rod kit and piston kit. We have bored the 250 cylinder 3mm to 69.5mm (also recoated the cylinder bore with nikasil and built up the head to match the cylinder bore) so that we could run the 14th oversize Wiseco piston for a Honda TRX250R racing quad. This also made necessary the "shaving" of the powervalve "flapper". It gave us a 274cc displacement. I ran one for 5 years on a '98 counterbalanced engine. It was great. It had more torque than the 250cc, but still felt like a 250 instead of a 300 as I raced between the trees in tight woods trails.

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/