View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 PM

Hey Thanks for the help guys!

I had no idea this would be a near death experience for my poor gasser. Here is what I did, drained tranny oil brown oily water came out...flushed it with ATF until it ran clean, pulled plug on the bottom for the crank and more water came out of there....ran premix through the spark plug hole until that ran clean. A few questions:

1. That drain hole at the bottom is that just for situations like this? Or should I be plugging it back up and refilling it with something?

2. I am new to 2 strokes where is the ignition cover exactly?

3. I am not thinking I should run it anytime soon....I need to clean the carb and being of the fuel injection generation that will take me a while, I want to take it slow and make sure I really get everything clean before I restart. Also I was thinking of redoing the top end this winter anyway, maybe I should just wait until then to dig more inside the engine before I start? or is getting it started soon the most important thing.

4. My air filter is a mudball I am just going to chuck and replace is there an easy parts crossover?

Thanks again,
Sam