View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
So I got into a huge argument about KTM EXC's vs. the FSE for nothing.
Nope, the KTM 525EXC would make a great dual-sporter. I just took a hard look at my true needs and I would end up dual-sporting much less. I want my next bike to be my primary ride... and I love 2T bikes.

Quote:
he has been corrupted by the 300's nice power. The difference in handling nimbleness in the tight stuff to him is negated by the torque of the 300.
That is my biggest fear with the 200. I'm afraid the power characteristics will be poor versus any nimbleness that I may get. Most likely, I will go with Option #3 since a 300 has been a dream of mine since I've been on GG's.

Quote:
Can you ride other peoples bikes? That is the best way to solidify what you like and don't like.
I only know of one person with a KTM 200EXC and he lives about 5 hours north. Perhaps if I do a trail ride up that way, I can beg him to ride it. No one has a 300 around me. So in both cases, I have to mainly rely on other riders feedback. The dealers suck around me so that option is out too. Unless, BMG gets their new, improved dealer network rolled-out in the coming months.