View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 AM

A few answers to your post:

1. "I'm new to two-strokes. And I probably should have bought a different bike"

That's obvious if you think that thing is ever going to run right without the airbox side cover on. And yes, you should have bought a different bike.

2. Another thing is the air box. I don't really see anywhere where the freaking air is supposed to go in.

The airbox works exactly like it is designed to. If the bike does not run properly, there is another problem somewhere. You are not smarter than the engineers that designed the airbox, re-engineering it is not a solution.

3. Wit pissed fuel on the sidestand, which I removed. What a freaking joke.

So instead of fixing the fuel leak problem, you removed the sidestand? Yes, that does sound like a joke.

4. esoteric crap just to ride to grandmas house once in a while. This is not an enduro... it's a motocross bike with plates,

You sir, could not be more wrong. I ride and race more woods hours in a month on a 2004 Gas Gas EC300 than you ride in a year, have won races with said bike against modern machines. The thing is dead nuts reliable (as reliable as my KDX200). You have obviously inherited someone else's poorly maintained pile. The greatest machine in the world is only as good as the owner who takes care of it. If you decide to save it, (which I imagine you will not) it might just cost more money than it is worth to bring back into stock, reasonable mechanical condition. This is not due to the "esoteric" nature of the machine, but ham-fisted mechanics who have no clue what they are doing.

Good luck.

Kris Larrivee