View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
Ok, so I looked at the cdi part numbers and these are my notes on them. I don't know the history on the used cdis as they have been sitting in a box since 2018 and the other question I don't have the answer to is I dont know if the 3 cdis that didnt work for my bike are bad or incompatible because of something done to my bike like a different flywheel or something else. This worries me a little but oh well. All the cdis that didn't work well have the same symptoms but some were worse then others.

EE51100CT-CLK-1- Came with the bike and was problematic at low end and needed a really lean main to get on the pipe. This cdi also has two divets on the bottom so I believe that has the updated map installed

EE51100CT-CLJ-1 - First one worked better then clk but still was not smooth off bottom and no powerband

EE51100CT-CLJ-1 second one would not get on the powerband at all

EE51100CT-CRB-1- this one worked great and what fixed my problem.

The CRB is what is listed on the parts diagram as the OE cdi part number.
Had any of the other cdi's been marked as 2 dot?

I have a mate with a 250 XC here in Aus. He has the CRB-1 and never flashed. Couple hundred hours on it and has been stoked.

I have the CLK, never flashed and runs well. I've had the head modded though so not apples to apples either.

The parts fiches/exploded diagrams and parts listings also show 2 different cdi's depending on the flywheel/stator that is used. I believe if you upgrade the CDI you're meant to change the flywheel as well. Perhaps that's what you're seeing. I bet your CRB is a single dot, not flashed.. and you're probably getting a bit more punch with it being an XC cdi too.