View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Default Just Like Old Times

I've been recovering from a little racing incident from April...Moto related so I been feeling pretty good and thought it would be fun to get out and burn a little premix in the EC200. Meet a few of my bleeding Orange buddies out at Hollister Hill OHV for a ride this past weekend.

The trusty EC 200 hasn't changed much in the past decade so nothing new to report other than I've had re-springed the forks and shock, revalved the forks and full service on the shock. Nothing special on the fork revalve I had it set up for more aggressive riding. I have only rode it once and started out with base numbers.

Yesterday made made several clicker changes on the forks and right now I'm pretty happy with the performance considering their 43mm WP's.

One thing that continues to amaze me is just how much low to mid power the 200 has! Seemed like the rougher the trail was the more that motor shines! Very little clutch input, just twist the throttle and go! Short shifting the 200 out of a turn with deep acceleration bumps and it just pulls so effortlessly! I really fell back in love with my first love all over again!

My riding partners were on 01 KTM 200's EXC models. One of the bikes is modded pretty heavy, pretty much a 200SX top end, carb, pipe, and black box on the 01 bottom end, Munn Racing did his motor.... It's a rocket! That's the 478m bike. The other KToom is pretty much stock except for some upgraded 06 suspension.

This ride report is nothing new other than I've reacquainted myself with an old friend! In our group was a A Vet CC racer, B Super Senior and. C Senior CC racer, so we had a good mix of speed!

I'm really looking forward to getting more seat time back on the EC!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.7 KB, 55 views)
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals