View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
I've read to weight the inside peg...... Seems mostly new idea to me. I always thought same as you...especially when running tighter fast turns with no berm.
There is no hard and fast rules in it. Weighting the inside peg tips the bike over nicely, but I'm sure its something we all do almost unconsiously to initiate a turn. Another way to change your thinking and help remember to get the weight back to the outside peg is to think that you are pulling up on the outside grip (instead of pushing the inside down). Your weight is almost always constanlty transferring left and right up and down back and forward. As the rider you want to remain neutral to the forces of the bike and somewhat at right angles to the ground in turns. If you tip the bike over you need to shift your weight to you can still sit up. This only really leaves the outside peg to stand and pivot on.

Seat time seat time seat time. The more time you spend feeling what works and learning what doesn't, the sooner your body will start just doing its thing. I find the worst days for me are the ones where I'm riding crap and need to think about what I'm doing. The good days it all just comes together effortlessly.