View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
I'll post in this. I broke my hub racing yesterday. So I'm thinking I will lace up my spare hub. Then I started looking at new rims. Man they are expensive and I haven't yet found the Excel rims that are supposed to work.

Anybody ever polish rims? I could polish mine up and either spray them or maybe even anodize them. I'll inspect them closer to make sure there are no dents etc.

I have experience building wheels so I'm not worried about that. Any idea what length spokes for the front? I like the excel stainless spokes with the spline drive.
Call Excel USA 760-732-3161,and ask for tech assistance. They will tell you exactly which model rims work and they will give you the part number which vary one digit according to color, then start shopping using the part number. I bought excel rims for my 94 CR 250 and I am buying another set for my 84 RM 250 restoration. It?s around $170 for the front and $200 for the rear. I have a truing stand so I lace and true them myself, no biggie. Good luck!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar