View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 AM

Default needles

Three tapers? When I get home, I'll have to look again. I could only detect two, but I was using crude measuring tools. I just wish I could find info on manufacturers numbers.

I measured about a 3 degree taper on the stock needles last 15mm, which would richen up the part I suspect to be lean. I have a #7 slide. From what dealers have told me, the motors are almost identical, except for pipe, head, and flywheel weight(also opposite crank weight).

With a digital caliper, I figured out the LTR letters for my 250. The diam is easy, the other two are interpolated by knowing the value of the variable letters. L1 has to be measured very carefully, or a X could get mixed up with a Y. A basic working trig knowledge can find the angle, you measure the diams and distance at two taper points, and treat it like two stacked right triangles, and calculate one angle using inv sine and multiply by two and hope it comes close to an angle that has a letter assigned to it.
- - - - - - - - - -
"Old" bikes>
06 KTM 300XCW- returned-dealer scam- 1st owner seized & returned prior to sale to me as "new"
87 Yam YZ490
81 Yam IT250
84 Honda v45 Magna
74 Suzuki TS400
76 CZ motocross 250-bought new in 81-should have kept
74 Kawasaki G5100