View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:34 AM

Default EC 300 Suspension setup for motocross.

Hi everyone!

To make a long story short we finally got a motocross track where I live, so now I wanted to know what to do to my suspension to make it work. The track is fairly fast, and as a rider I'm not that fast, but I get pretty much faster every time I'm on the track. Which makes it even more fun. I know that I at this point simply could swap the Gas Gas for a MX bike, but I still wan't the Gas Gas for everything else. Plus I really like the bike, it has never faulted or let me down. I guess I am emotionally attached to it

Soo...

Now I don't bottom out my forks or my shock, but they don't feel at home on a MX track. The bike feels like it doesn't really have any contact with the surface and it just jumps around.

I understand MX is not what these suspension units were made for, but I would like to get some tips and information on how to set up the suspension. With that I mean spring rates, clickers, oil level and viscosity etc. Not revalving because I don't want to spend that much money and honestly, I'm not that fast even though revalving probably would help boost the speed a little.

The bike is a 2003 EC 300 the "Euro" model since I live in Finland.

Marzocchi fork, standard springs, 110mm oil level and fresh Motorex 7,5w oil.
clickers with the compression turned in a fair bit and the rebound somewhere around the middle.

Öhlins rear, standard spring ~110mm race sag. Pretty much standard clicker settings, don't remember exactly.

Both the fork and the shock are serviced and in good shape.

I myself weigh about 66 kg's dry and with gear it would be somewhere around 72 kg maybe? Depending on the season of course

If you have any suggestions or tips it would be much appreciated / Jonatan