View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Its all personal preference. As long as you're able to modulate the clutch and brake levers with feel and precision that works for you that is the main thing.

To be honest, I don't know how many fingers I use.. I've been riding long enough that both are subconsious reations through muscle memory. I'd bet its 2 fingers though, particularly as fatigue sets in.

In regards to lever angle, I think I set mine down a bit. Definitely not parallel to the ground. A lot of this depends on body position and the rest of the ergos too. I've set mine up to be inline with my arms. But as stated earlier, its much easier to have the wrist flex back then forward. Definitely something to consider if you're pumping up.

I also run some electrical tape around the bar beneath the master cylinder clamp points. Allows the whole setup to move a bit in the event of an impact (rather than snapping master housings/levers). As a result of this I find the levers also get bumped/hit/pulled into the correct position for me as a ride progresses.