View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Administrator

I would go fatter on the pilot and turn down the idle. This will better separate the circuits in the carb. Going this way - the airscrew will have more effect and it will be easier to "dial in".

If you go too lean on pilot - then you crank up idle to supply more fuel -which also supplies more air - moving flow away from the pilot circuit. This is referred to as "pulling over". Now the needle/slide position (idle screw setting) are determining your mixture right off the bottom instead of the pilot/airscrew.

This is the problem with the n1ef or n3ef needle - you end up going leaner on pilot - turning up idle to supply more fuel - still looking for even leaner pilot to fix issue that is elsewhere. When they don't make a pilot jet any smaller - you know you got a problem. ;-)

I would look at what jetting comes oem in the suzuki and use that as a baseline for choice of pilot jet. e.g. in my old 2001 I used a 42 and rode very tight woods and it was "clean". This was with a LTR jetting kit which used a leaner needle.

jeff