View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Toby is one of my favorite racers alive at the moment but despite a huge well of talent I just don't think he has the preparation and time on the bike for the top step this year.

You're damn right it's a tough call at this point though, Barreda has the speed but the bike/crashing/team has always held him back. Starting with an injury is going to be hard to overcome with his riding style over two hard weeks. Will the HRC bikes still be competitive against these new gen KTM's?

1.) Walkner
2.) Sunderland
3.) Quintanilla
4.) Benavides
5.) De Soultrait

Totally reaching with that list, but this edition stands to be very exciting as long as the riders stay healthy
I like your list!! Great calls.

You think De Soultrait has it in him eh? He's a fast guy.

Can't count out Ricky Brabec either. He may have what it takes to pull a huge upset. Took one stage win last year. I think his weakness is the length of the Rally. He comes out the gate hard but falls away the longer it goes.

How well do you think Jonny Aubert will do? Think he can make Top 20? Top 15? He's such a talented rider but is missing a lot of the rally experience that so many guys at this Dakar have.