View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
If the oil pump is root cause of the problems and it's difficult to monitor it's operation, not able to give any warning, then surely just reverting back to a Premix setup would be a good solution.

It'll be interesting to see what KTM's solution is, it would be a terrible embarrassment to have to admit a design error.

It would be good to get an idea of how many engines have been affected, what percentage, but I guess KTM will be keeping that very tight to their chest.

If this oil pump situation is as bad as it sounds, then I guess GasGas are happy they decided to wait. Who knows, GasGas may decide to go with FI but stick to Premix and not bother with oil injection, tank and pump.

You can’t run oil through the injector. It’s just too thick and won’t go through the tiny holes need to build fuel pressure

I am a member of a TPI owners group on FB and the failed oil pump problem shows up weekly. It’s not the only issue they are having either. They are having issues with the oil tank cracking at a seam. Also The mapping from the factory is all over the place, some are super lean, some so rich they won’t run. My buddy has a Husky TPI with an RK Tek and that bike flat out rips but I still worry the oil pump is going to fail on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk