View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
It appears you have a year 2000 machine. In 2001 GG went to a left side airbox access cover which you do not have. Also, your tank shroud has one screw accessable without removing the seat. GG went to this style of shroud starting in 2000. Bikes prior to 2000 had two screw tabs that went into the gas tank but both were placed under the seat.

If you wanted to send me a private email with the VIN # off the steering stem I could help you confirm year and model.

Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the info. When I get a chance, I'll PM you the VIN# and have you check for sure so I know what model I have when I need parts.

Now, lets touch on plastics. Honestly the plastics aren't really bothering me, but I wouldn't mind eventually finding some to replace these, especially if I ever sell it.

So, are plastics available? If they changed the radiator shrouds in 2000, then obviously earlier wouldn't work. I'm also guessing since they changed the airbox access starting in 2001, that the number plates from later bikes wouldn't work either? Are plastics from the 200, 250, & 300 all the same? How about different models like the MC vs EC?

So, would radiator shrouds from 2000 on to ? work till the changed them?
I've read the KX plastics and rear fender can be made to work, but I think that was 2001 and later bikes? this guy mentioned he tried KX plastics and the only thing that fit was the front fender. He sold off the rest of the plastics.