Thread: Pilot
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
There is snow on the ground at the moment so quite cold,I thought i might be rich on the pilot but worried about going lean,
I am no expert at jetting since this is my first dirt bike since my (new) '74 husky ha ha... but here is my experience. Hope it helps.

I don't know how "cold" cold is or what the altitude is where you are, but what you have in there is "typical" summer 70 deg. F. sea level jetting. Good chance you are lean unless you are high up. There is a good rejetting chart based on temp and altitude in the manual and description of how to apply the conversion factor.

I had the exact same summer jetting with air screw out 1.5 turns. I just rejetted mine for ice riding (last ride was sea level 15deg. F.) and went by the chart. 45 pilot, 188 main, dropped the clip one, air screw in one turn. It runs good.

Previous time out it was about 28deg. F. I went by the chart and corrected for 32 deg. and it was a tad lean and bogging on accel., but dropping the needle cleared it up. For that temp the correction figured as a 43 or 44 pilot neither of which were available as far as I know so I'll probably leave the 45 pilot in there for winter to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Turn the air screw out not in.
I don't think that is right. See the manual. Air screw goes IN as temps drop.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website

Last edited by rpduc; 02-06-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added comment