Thread: Dealer Edition
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
there are two different ignitions available, the 2k2 and the 2k3. the 2k3 put out more juice than the 2k2, and the 2k3 exits the side cover at the 2:00 oclock position. DE models used the smaller 2k2 ignitions.
Yup. 2K2 smaller flywheel and only puts out 60w versus somthing like 120w (?) for the 2K3 with larger flywheel.

But the ignition didn't have anything to do with the heads and diferant compression ratios. At one time I read there were differant heads too but can't remember the hows, whys, or where they were used. My guess would be the MC models had them at one time. Seems some of the XC/DE models may have been fitted with them at one time. My '00 XC250 pushes 175psi when new and I have had the squish machined on it. I think others on this board have much higher compression. I would have thought my bike may have came with the higher compression ratio but I don't think so. I have owned it since new.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)