Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 09:45 PM

I am not a fan of Shoria batteries for a number of reasons but that's for another thread and I'll go further in depth on why it's a bad idea to cross the car batteries on lithium type batteries there instead of derailing this thread further with it.

The second video is short 30ish seconds and the display shows that the voltages were very close at the beginning of the test. It also cranks it over perfectly in the same cold start situation where the first struggled.

I'd look at your battery with a meter to check the voltage you're starting with and see how it recovers to these two examples. If its anything like past Shoria performance ive seen it'll probably look a lot like the multimeter display in the first video.

It was a hard pill to swallow when I replaced the second battery. It was recommended by a someone in the stickied starter fix thread because a popular retailer here listed it on their web page as the fix. You saw the results it gave me, then video of his bike popped up on Facebook cranking miserably.??? I guess its pretty subjective on what works "great."
Caveat, that battery is starting my buddy's old ktm300 well as long as he doesn't do a lot of restarts in a short time period.