Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
If I understand your question correctly, Pulse cranking amps is just a more honest rating system than "CCA." No one can crank their bike for a full minute straight without burning up things.

Regarding AG batteries: Not all Antigravity batteries have the same features even if they have the same case size and rating.
There are multiple Antigravity 240ca batteries and not all of them have a full battery management system (BMS) built in. You'll need to get nerdy and cross-reference their product sheets because I can't remember any more what OEM/Small case/Extreme output 240ca batteries have what features.

If you don't want to do the research or it is too confusing I can make it simple and recommend just getting the EarthX EXT12A for plenty of cranking amps and full BMS.
I?m confused because the earthx is rated at 140 CCA and 240 PCA. Does this mean it will have trouble starting in the cold because of the lower CCA rating? Do I need BMS? I would really only like to buy one more battery and have it be the one that works.