View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 PM

NH has a law on the books that allows you to upgrade a dirt bike to street legal status by making the neccessary modifications. those modification are as follows ... it needs to have a head light and rear light with a functioning brake light, and a horn. Does not need directionals if it did not come from the factory with out them. You don't need DOT tires either. This law was enacted back in the early 80's with the help of local enduro riders. I think law enforcement was starting to lean on them a bit about the legality of the bikes. they went to the state and said this is how an enduro works, if we can't get down the road it will kill the sport. they came up with the minimum standards and that was that. The above makes you leagal on any state road but you can't ride on the interstate. this sounds pretty sweet but ... computers maybe the deathnell. Evidently the feds and states are starting to get more coordinated through their computer systems and there maybe some conflict with state law and federal regs. I'm guessing thats why you gotta stay off the interstate. but I've heard a few rumblings. still works for now though.