View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey28 View Post
I bought a power valve cover from Go Fasters. I'm not sure it it is the LTR one or not, it came in a clear bag by itself with no markings on it.

I installed it on my '10 EC300. The cover fit perfectly and was machined very nice out of billet aluminum. Power delivery was stronger on the bottom and into the midrange as expected. I can loft the front wheel easier and most times without using the clutch at all. It makes the bike more "4 stroke like" coming out of corners. The transition into the hit was smoothed a bit, making the engine even more 4 stroke like. Top end was the same.

I give it 4.5 stars out of 5 total. Why?

The power valve came with no gasket, or screws that fit. The stock flanged M5 screws would not fit into the holes machined into the cover. I had to buy allen screws from the hardware store. The cover had a threaded hole on the bottom for a drain however no drain bung or hose was provided. I just plugged the hole with another short M5 bolt.

These small issues should not be a deal breaker, I paid $2 for the new bolts, and the stock gasket is a metal one so it was fine to use again.

I like it, it really woke up the engine on the low rpm range. Some people say that they didn't notice on the 300's, I can say I DID notice and I like it. The power is even more user friendly now.
I would suggest you not plug the drain hole. Find a nipple and run a drain or the pv cover will fill with oil and the bike will start to run poorly.