View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
can you do a compression test on the 4 gassers you have?
or maybe even by the feel you can sense a difference in compression on yours?
(still thinking about squish/compression)
I have no compression tester at hand, from what I feel from riding the GP (70 hrs) is strongest, followed by my new one (6 hours). My former EC (100 hours) is the weakest. The fourth bike, an EC 300 isn't mine so I don't want to ride it without the owner being present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Do all bikes have the same part number on the CDI?
My two EC's have the same p/n, the GP of my mate has a different one. The other EC I don't want to touch as it isn't mine.

Just to repeat, we're not talking about a serious problem, the bike runs fine (except the clutch squeaking), starts fine, idles fine and has no hanging idle. It really rips and it pulls way harder than my other EC and almost as good as the GP which is more aggro down low but loses a bit on top.

All I want is to get the fuel consumption improved. I have several possibilities, smaller PJ (currently 42), using a different needle ( I have two identical ones that are just half a clip apart) or just check the float height again.
First step is I will replace the 180 main jet with a 172 (I used on the other bikes) but I doubt it's that though I was going WOT in second and third gear very often...