View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
I have read evrything regarding jetting on this forum , the problem is I live in South Africa and have limited access to the different needles described in this forum . The local Gas Gas agents recomend and use a needle that canbe purchased from KTM agents - N3EH , however I dont think this needle works well in the 200 , but I might be wrong that is why I am posting to get advice !!
I have also tried a N3CG needle which is a little better but still not perfect , I know that it is richer on the straight portion and half a clip richer on the taper . I think these needles are too lean on the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle range , also when I do a plug check it is black and wet ( this confuses me even further .
Hi Chucky (or anyone who can assist) sorry to rehash this old thread but I just got a 2007 Ec200 for the mrs, she idles ok-ish but the revs drop after 10 seconds and then she fails to idle at all, there is a constant bog in low (0 to quarter) throttle position. from there on she wakes up and sings quite nicely, all be it hellishly thirsty on juice (6ltrs per 50kms).

currently on:
N3EH #3
175 main 42 pilot
1.5 turns out on AS
slide #7
plug is black and wet (fouling plug every 3rd ride)

I`m keen to find out your best setting as I too reside in South Africa and the real life experience could help me sort out the bike as this is the first 2T (and only carb) bike in the family I`m a little out of my depths.