View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
Since Dirtrider is typically KTM-loyal...
Before that they were Yamaha-loyal, and before that they were Honda-loyal, and before that...

Magazines cater to whom ever throws the most advertising $'s and swag at them. Lewis has always been "fair and balanced" when it comes to moto-journalism. A trait that has carried over from his off-road editor days at Cycle World. Back when he became editor at Dirt Rider I thought he'd fall in with the "flavor of the month" crowd that perpetually doles out useless drivel in the off-road motorcycle publications. I've really been surprised that he's continued to buck the system. Something we haven't seen since the Super Hunky days.

Then again Lewis has actually raced everything from 125's in SX to Open-class twins in the Dakar. Not to mention he's a fairly decent trials rider. You won't find many moto-journalists out there with that kind of resume.

I quit subscribing to Dirt Rider several years ago. Usually I just pick up a copy at the supermarket, thumb through it while grocery shopping, then put it back... unless there's an article I find interesting.