Thread: 300 or 250
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Totally agree! Well said..

Before I went down the 2T path I was on a 250F while many friends were doing the 450/500/575 big bore action. Same concepts in use.. The smaller engine with soft bottom end torque means that carrying momentum, using throttle and clutch to get the power you need when you need it, learning skills... compared to sticking it in 3rd and rolling on the throttle.

I'm no gun rider.. but I feel like I have learnt more because of it.
I agree with the above comments for sure. After spending 5 years on the GG 125 and transferring those skills over to a 250 2t it was a weapon for sure. But like most things once you learn proper technique, you generally keep it. So transfer those same skills over to a 300 and you have something! You would be amazed what you can make a 300 do with less work than a 250 or just a bit better than on the 250. Or just less tired at the end of a long ride/race. They are both great displacements, but anyone I know that goes 300 never returns to the 250. Even though I enjoyed all 350 hours I put on my 250, it was a stepping stone. Now on my 3rd 300. I also think age, fitness and body size play a role too.