View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 04:19 PM

Thank you again Neil. You have been a huge help!

Between white and ground I also read open. I tried swapping yellow for white and no lights, no voltage... If it matters, I read a short between white and yellow. I assume that?s ok since they are connected to the same coil on the diagram.

I also double checked the battery charge voltage and read 6VDC or 10VAC. At this point I can?t tell you what is DC or AC in here because I am working with a meter that reads both (lost my good one). Whatever the brakes are, they are fed by the red conductor on the keyswitch, and appear to draw power from the red/black on the starter relay.

I opened the ignition cover but I don?t have a flywheel puller. I think you are correct because I removed the little module attaching to red and green and the screws had rust on them. Months ago when i replaced my starter bendix and ignition sproket the gasket was hosed, I?m sure plenty of water got in before I bought it.

Thanks again, I wish the electrical diagram in the manual included all the little bits of info you?ve provided! Either way I will search for a new stator. If it got wet I?m betting it?s only a matter of time before I lose the real important coil and get to enjoy a long walk theough the woods back to my truck!