View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 08:47 AM

There were 2 different friction plates offered by GG on the fiche for the 18 enduro bikes. One was "standard", one Kevlar.

Allegedly the 19 went to the Kevlar friction as the standard friction plate in all bikes. Some 2017 and earlier GG clutch plates were not compatible with 2018+ clutches according to the direct contact I had with GG North America reps.

Following GG's long established tradition of drunk part cataloging which you can see several examples of in the stickied threads in this forum they kept the same old part number for new designed part. This discovery was a long drawn out process that involved the original GG dealer I purchased my bike from, a replacement dealer after the first proved incompetent, a former GG North America rep that now works for another brand, and the GG North America president.

The confusion of mixing the different parts with the same part number (especially when they didn't work together when mixed), lack of any GG recommended aftermarket replacement discs for the 18+ GG OEM hub and basket, & the prohibitive costs and limited availability of the OEM clutch pack led me to replace it with the Rekluse Core Manual.