View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
That's interesting, especially since I have severe clutch problems since a GG dealer sent me some plates he called Kevlar plates but also said they aren't the OEM ones. Since I have installed them I have serious trouble.

Well I have now ordered another set of friction plates with a different part number and I will see if they work...
I got worn out chasing GG clutch parts ghosts. If I had a $1 for every hour I spent working on this and the money back I spent trying to find a fix I'd have a good down payment for a 2020 Factory Edition Sherco.

After the second set of frictions that ran $280 dealer cost I gave up and started pressing Rekluse to sell me one of their Core manual clutches specifically designed for 2018+ that they had in RAMP phase. After about 3 months of me begging they gave in, then thankfully they released them to dealers a couple weeks later.

The 2018+ Core Manual is an expensive initial investment & it still honks a little with the Rekluse basket. I had it fade on me twice in very hard use situations in a couple races but it is still 1000 times more reliable than the ones that come off the GG parts fiche.