View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
I got worn out chasing GG clutch parts ghosts. If I had a $1 for every hour I spent working on this and the money back I spent trying to find a fix I'd have a good down payment for a 2020 Factory Edition Sherco.

After the second set of frictions that ran $280 dealer cost I gave up and started pressing Rekluse to sell me one of their Core manual clutches specifically designed for 2018+ that they had in RAMP phase. After about 3 months of me begging they gave in, then thankfully they released them to dealers a couple weeks later.

The 2018+ Core Manual is an expensive initial investment & it still honks a little with the Rekluse basket. I had it fade on me twice in very hard use situations in a couple races but it is still 1000 times more reliable than the ones that come off the GG parts fiche.
Sorry to hear that you had to spent so much time on the issue. Most people don't even think that while one does all the research and testing the fun of dirt bike riding is totally gone. I know what I am talking about, not since my clutch problems but I also spent way over 40 riding hours of testing with a Mikuni equipped orange bike.
Its always frustrating until the crucial point is reached. For me the worst is, if a problem exists and I cannot find out what the heck the root cause is. Then all the testing is trial and error and that can sometimes take forever.

Looking on my personal problem with the clutch, it would have been better and only a little more expensive to order a core manul from Rekluse the very first day the problem appeared.

Its good that I can't afford a new Beta at the moment...