View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Ok, you need to flush that thing out really good and ASAP!!! Remove the carb and every jet and clean completely. Blow out with compressed air. Remove and clean the air filter and airbox. Remove the ignition cover and spray with a good electrical cleaner like CRC that wont harm wire or plastics. Drain the gearbox oil and flush with something cheap like ATF a few times. The top end and crank many people flush with kerosene. DO NOT LET THE WATER DRY IN THERE. I'm new to Gas Gas motors but I thought I read that the crankcase has a drain plug which would be really helpfull, maybe someone else will chime in and know. You need to fill up that lower and top end and flush it out ASAP a whole bunch of times. You should also probably pull the reed block or at least shine a light in there when the carb is off. (my KTM had dirt in there also besides the carb when I did this). If you don't let the water dry and rust to start you can be fine (my KTM survived ok and still runs fine but I got it up and running within 1.5 hrs.) Attend to the lower and top end right away, ignition, and gearbox. The carb and other stuff can wait. I'm sure I missed stuff but get to work....NOW