View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

Practice practice practice.......holding on to the bike with your legs, a good diet and full body workouts are very key to a structured and strong base.

By full body workouts I mean, excercises like flipping a small tractor tire, dragging a tire, dead lifts, power cleans etc. Doing these incoporates your hands, arms, legs, back, stomach and your gluts(butt). Every base muscle. Isolated muscle excercises are good if you wanna look pretty. Think power-endurance in your workout routine. Endurance to go the distance and power to keep lifting the bike and manuvering it around.

If you don't like the rigid discipline of working out....in my best shape I was riding a mtn. bike 3 to 4 times a week and running/walking bleachers with a 50lbs weight vest. The more you start working your body the more attention you will pay to what you put in it to fuel it.

Supplements scare the crap outta me, in neighboring Fire depts we have had three cardiac related deaths in the last year all under 40 yrs of age. Two they have linked back to supplements in their diet. Monster, redbull...that kinda crap.

In the end do what feels good for your body type cause everyone is different!

My .2 cents