View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Default 1999 EC250 Fair Price?

Greetings all,

I'm new to the site. I arrived here last night while doing a bit of research on a bike I'm looking at. I'm located in the Tampa, FL area.

So I found a 1999 GasGas EC250 that is tagged and registered for the street. It has ~750 miles on the odometer and supposedly hasn't really gotten much use in the past 14 years. As far as I can tell there are no issues with the motor, compression seems fine and during a test-drive there was nothing unusual in terms of the powerband. The only thing that is wrong with it is brake light switch in the rear master cylinder. I bought a new switch for $47 and can install that myself.

Here is a link to the bike in a craigslist advert, all the relevant information about the bike and photos are here:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/3578811317.html

So I could purchase the bike for $2400 but I get the feeling that that price is a fair bit higher than it should be. I really do love the bike... I ride a GSXR right now and I was thinking of picking this up as a second bike.

So my question is do you all think that $2400 is much higher than should be payed for it? If so I can always wait and bide my time and perhaps hope someone on this Forum sells something like it soon

So what does everyone think?

Thanks,
-Nathan